Mission Statement: Making disciples of Christ for the transformation of the world.
The Montrose Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1891 under the leadership of Rev. William Hammond the pastor at Burt, Michigan. There were seven original members. Rev. C. W. Butler was the pastor from 1893 – 1895.
The congregation met in the Cook building which was located on the west side of the tracks near the lumber yard.